Since the lockdown was announced all over the world because of the COVID-19 pandemic, many people have been spending more time with their family or friends in their homes, and trying to pass the time by keeping themselves occupied. People are doing more of what they love, be it watching movies or shows, exercising, playing indoor games, or learning new skills. Considering how self-reliant we are supposed to be in these unique times, many people have tapped into their inner chef and taken up cooking. They’re asking their mothers for recipes of their favourite dishes, going through videos of interesting cuisines online, and making at least one delicious dish every day. No matter how lip-smacking your last meal was, an amazing dessert after the meal is like the ‘icing on the cake’, especially for these hot summer days.
So, as one of the best business bay restaurants, our chefs decided to add to your joy of cooking by sharing this recipe of one of our incredibly special desserts – the Strawberry Granola Parfait.
Here are the ingredients you require to make it:
1. For the Strawberry compote
- 150 grams of strawberry
- 50 grams of sugar
- 200 ml water
- 2 grams of star aniseeds
- 2 grams of cinnamon
- 50 ml strawberry puree
- 2 grams of mint leaves
2. For the Yogurt Mix
- 250 grams of yogurt, full fat
- 50 ml of honey
- 2 grams of lemon zest
3. 100 grams of granola cereal, for garnish.
And, here is the guide you need to follow, to make this dessert:
1) Cook the strawberry compote in a stockpot with water, sugar, star aniseed, and cinnamon.
2) Take it off the stove, set it aside, and let it chill.
3) Add strawberries while the syrup is warm, and place it in a fridge to keep it cool.
4) When it is perfectly chilled, mix the macerated strawberries with the puree and chopped mint leaves.
5) Now, mix the yogurt with honey and lime zest, and keep it aside chilled.
6) Put the strawberry mix in a glass and top it off with sweetened yogurt and well-garnished granola cereals.
After a heavy, yummy meal, all that you want is a delicious dessert to complete your culinary experience. So, make this Strawberry Granola Parfait your next lockdown kitchen creation to cool down in the Dubai summer, and dive into the world of sweet delights. Here’s a ProTip – try to make the presentation of the parfait interesting. Trust us; when you have it served in a glass that complements the dish, the dessert experience would be more worthwhile!